+ Hanoi Office: No 10, Lane 1, Bui Huy Bich Street, Hoang Liet Ward, Hoang Mai District, Hanoi City, Vietnam
+ Hochiminh Office: No 90, Tran Quang Co Street, Binh Thanh, Binhthanh District, Hochiminh City, Vietnam
Dongnai Office: Group 2, Hamlet 3, Song Ray Commune, Cam My District, Dongnai Province, Vietnam
+ Hanam Factoty: Nguyen Van Troi, Dong Van Town, Ha Nam Province, Vietnam.
+ Hoabinh Factoty: Vai area, Bahangdoi Town, Lacthuy District, Hoabinh Province, Vietnam 
+ Tel: (+8424) 36816331
+ Fax: (+8424) 36816332
+ Email:
+ Website: 
© 2005-2023


January 16, 2022

 Vietnam is the third-largest cinnamon producer and exporter in the world, and the future is full of potential. However, challenges need to be carefully navigated to ensure sustainable development.
With a total area of about 200,000 ha, cinnamon cultivation currently provides a livelihood for hundreds of thousands of ethnic minority households in remote areas.

 Vietnam star anise and cinnamon are consumed by markets in India, the Middle East, Japan, South Korean, the US, and Europe with annual export revenue reaching about US$400 million.

 A report from Vietnam Timber and Forest Products Association revealed a partner from the UK is looking for a reputable cinnamon supplier to import 50 containers of Vietnamese cinnamon to Kenya including rolled, chopped, and crushed products.
 Last November, customers from Saudi Arabia imported powdered and split cinnamon from Vietnam with a volume of about 5-10 tonnes over two or three months by transportation to Jeddah Port of Saudi Arabia.

 With a total area of about 200,000 ha, cinnamon cultivation employs hundreds of thousands of ethnic minority households in remote areas and contributes to the socio-economic development of many municipalities.

 Despite these advantages, the Vietnamese cinnamon industry is still facing difficulties and challenges.

 70 percent of cinnamon and anise varieties are produced by farmers based on their own experience, so their quality is not guaranteed. The remaining 30 percent are supplied by agricultural companies or new planting projects of the local authorities.

 Currently, the country has more than 600 companies operating in the field of spices. However, most of them are trading and only interested in buying and selling, but not in building a connection with farmers. Only a few are cooperating with farmers in the value chain. Because of this, farmers often face price issues similar to the other agricultural products.

Online support